Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, brad's chicken katsu. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Brad's chicken katsu is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Brad's chicken katsu is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu - Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook brad's chicken katsu using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's chicken katsu:
- Make ready For the tonkatsu sauce
- Make ready 1/2 cup ketchup
- Take 2 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- Prepare 1 tbs brown sugar
- Get 1 tbs mirin
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp worchestershire sauce
- Take 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Take 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- Take 1 clove minced garlic
- Make ready For the chicken
- Get 2 lbs chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 " strips
- Get Prepared tempura batter
Chicken katsu is a twist on the classic Japanese dish, which is traditionally made with pork. These crispy, crunchy chicken cutlets are topped with a sweet-salty tonkatsu sauce that's simply irresistible. Chicken katsu, fried chicken cutlets, are an obsession for chef Roy Choi of Kogi BBQ in Los Angeles. The simple recipe is made with only five ingredients.
Steps to make Brad's chicken katsu:
- Slice chicken and put on a plate. Sprinkle with kosher salt and set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce. Mix well and refrigerate until use.
- Mix tempura batter. If you choose to use a boxed tempura follow recipe on box. Or make your own by mixing 1 cup rice flour w/ 2/3 cup ice water.
- Heat deep fryer to 360 degrees.
- Dip chicken in batter to coat well. Let excess drip off. Hold end of strip in hot oil for a few seconds then slowly lower into oil. This should keep the batter from sticking to the frying basket. Fry about 8 strips at a time. Fry for about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve chicken with the sauce on the side. Enjoy.
These sandwiches combine the shattering panko crispiness of katsu-style cutlets and the fiery heat found in Nashville-style hot chicken with some cooling shredded lettuce to put out the fire. Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. This recipe yields very Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. This recipe is better than Japanese takeout! Find chicken katsu stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food brad's chicken katsu recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!