Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, japanese chicken katsu sandwich. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Japanese Chicken katsu sandwich is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Japanese Chicken katsu sandwich is something which I have loved my whole life.
These sandwiches combine the shattering panko crispiness of katsu-style cutlets and the fiery heat found in Nashville-style hot chicken with some cooling shredded lettuce Spread reserved spicy mayo on one side of each slice of bread. Top with chicken and shredded lettuce, then close up sandwiches. Crispy juicy pork cutlets sandwiched between soft pillowy Japanese milk bread, this Japanese Katsu Sando is a homey kind of sandwich but downright satisfying!
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have japanese chicken katsu sandwich using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Japanese Chicken katsu sandwich:
- Prepare Boneless chicken thighs
- Take Cabbage
- Take Plain flour
- Get Egg
- Get Japanese Panko
- Make ready Homemade white bread
- Make ready Salt
- Make ready Black pepper
- Get Ground onion
- Take Ground garlic
- Take Dressing (for katsu)
- Make ready Ketchup
- Prepare Worcester sauce
- Take Honey
- Prepare Mustard mayonnaise (for bread)
- Get Japanese mayonnaise
- Prepare Mustard
If I see a katsu sando, or cutlet sandwich in Japan, it's almost a compulsion: I must eat it. Chicken katsu sandwich (Justine's Flavours of Fuji)Source: Justine's Flavours of Fuji. Picture the glory of the perfect schnitzel sanga, but with chicken coated in panko crumbs for extra crunch, a slathering of Japanese mayo for extra creaminess, and a smear of Tonkatsu sauce for extra richness. In this classic katsu sando, fried chicken is sandwiched between slices of fluffy milk bread slathered with mayo and tonkatsu sauce.
Steps to make Japanese Chicken katsu sandwich:
- Slice the thicker part of the meat to make it equally thick. Sprinkle salt, black pepper, ground garlic and ground onion on both sides of the meat and leave them aside for 10 minutes.
- Making the dressing (for katsu) and mustard mayonnaise (for bread).
- Soak the shredded cabbage in a cold water bowl. Drain the water and set aside.
- Cover the meat with some plain flour, dip it in the egg and then coast with Japanese panko.
- Heat the pan and add a bit more oil. Pan fry the chicken for 5-7 minutes each side (depends on the thickness of the meat).
- Put some mustard mayonnaise on the toasted bread.
- Put some shredded cabbage and pour some katsu dressing.
- Put the chicken katsu on the cabbage and pour more katsu dressing. Slice the sandwich half and enjoy. 😋
There are four key components to a classic katsu sando: a perfectly fried cutlet (in this case, chicken), Kewpie mayonnaise, Bull-Dog tonkatsu sauce, and the fluffiest. Katsu Sando is a Japanese pork cutlet sandwich made with a thick juicy pork katsu doused in a spiced fruit sauce. With a juicy thick-cut pork cutlet breaded in a crisp panko crust glazed in a spiced fruit sauce, Katsu Sandwiches, make for a satisfying and delicious lunch on the go. How to make Chicken Katsu - a Japanese chicken recipe, that is breaded with panko and sesame seeds. This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu - Japanese style fried chicken.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food japanese chicken katsu sandwich recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!