Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Katsu is the crispiest chicken cutlet you can easily make at home! Serve this classic Japanese food with tonkatsu sauce and a side of fresh salad for the best family meal. It also freezes well and makes for a delicious meal prep menu.
Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop) is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop):
- Make ready 1 pc Whole Chicken Leg (deboned, skinless)
- Get Marinade (mix well in a bowl);
- Get 1 pc Egg (whisked)
- Prepare 3 Tbsp Corn Flour
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Salt
- Prepare Coating;
- Make ready 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ) is a variation on Tonkatsu, which uses chicken instead of pork. The name "Katsu" comes from the English word "cutlet," which becomes "katsuretsu" when transliterated into Japanese. It's typically made with either chicken breasts or thighs coated in panko before being. Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs.
Steps to make Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop):
- Marinate the chicken in egg, salt and cornflour for minimum 30 minutes. When ready, coat the chicken in Panko. You can also double coat by dipping the chicken again in the egg and then coat again in Panko.
- Heat 1 cup of oil for shallow frying. Fry the chicken until golden brown at least 2-3 minutes each side. Tip: don't immediately fry from the fridge, let it thaw and warm up to room temperature first. To check whether the middle is done, pierce the thickest part with a fork and press it to your lips to see if it's warm. Careful though, you may burn your lips.
- Serve with Katsu sauce or Japanese Curry.
This recipe yields very crispy chicken and served with homemade Katsu What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe? This meal is best served with steamed rice. Season the chicken breasts with salt. Make chicken katsu curry from scratch with japancentre.com's katsu curry recipe. A hearty, mildly spicy main meal best served with rice.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!