Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken-katsu (chicken cutlet). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken-katsu (Chicken Cutlet) is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Chicken-katsu (Chicken Cutlet) is something which I have loved my entire life.
Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ) is a delicious alternative to the more traditional Tonkatsu (pork cutlet). Breaded with panko, these Japanese-style cutlets are shatteringly crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside. Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ) is a variation on Tonkatsu, which uses chicken instead of pork.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken-katsu (chicken cutlet) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken-katsu (Chicken Cutlet):
- Get Chicken Breast Fillets
- Get Salt and Pepper as required
- Make ready Plain Flour as required
- Prepare Egg
- Prepare Panko Breadcrumbs as required
- Make ready Oil for frying
- Take <Sesame ‘Tonkatsu’ Sauce Ingredients>
- Make ready Tomato Ketchup
- Make ready Worcestershire (Lea & Perrins)
- Make ready Soy Sauce
- Make ready Sugar
- Make ready Toasted Sesame Seeds *ground
Can You Bake Chicken Katsu Technically, you can bake, but the end result is not the same as deep-fried. Chicken katsu (Japanese chicken schnitzel or chicken cutlet) is usually served with the sweet and savory tonkatsu sauce, finely shredded cabbage and cucumbers. You can eat it either with steamed rice, ramen or prepared chicken katsu don. It is a comfort food widely popular in Japan.
Steps to make Chicken-katsu (Chicken Cutlet):
- Slice Chicken Breast Fillets in half and make them even thickness by flattening the thick parts using a meat mullet or something.
- Sprinkle some Salt and Pepper over and coat with Flour.
- Then dip in beaten Egg and finally coat with Panko Breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil to 170C and fry until cooked through and golden, place on a rack and drain the oil.
- To make 'Sesame Tonkatsu Sauce', grind Toasted Sesame Seeds until moist, then combine all ingredients and mix well.
- *Note: For the photo, I used regular 'Tonkatsu' sauce.
Juicy chicken or pork cutlets in an incredibly crisp layer of golden-brown bread crumbs, with a sweet-and-savory sauce and a side of crisp shredded Slice katsu into thin strips and serve immediately with shredded cabbage, lemon wedges, white rice, Japanese pickles (if desired), and tonkatsu sauce. Chicken katsu, fried chicken cutlets, are an obsession for chef Roy Choi of Kogi BBQ in Los Angeles. The simple recipe is made with only five ingredients. For Roy Choi, these crispy egg-and-panko-coated chicken cutlets, generally made with pork in Japan, represent something major. A Japanese Style chicken cutlet breaded and fried until crispy.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken-katsu (chicken cutlet) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!