Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, chicken katsu. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Katsu is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Chicken Katsu is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu - Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken katsu using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Katsu:
- Make ready 1 chicken breast, divided into four
- Prepare 1 garlic, chopped or grated *
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt *
- Get 1/2 tsp garlic powder *
- Get 1 pinch pepper *
- Make ready 1 egg
- Make ready 2 tbsp cornflour #
- Take 1 pinch salt #
- Get 1 pinch garlic powder #
- Make ready 1/2 tsp curry powder#
- Make ready 3 tbsp coarse breadcrumbs
- Make ready Oil for frying
Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ) is a variation on Tonkatsu, which uses chicken instead of pork. The name "Katsu" comes from the English word "cutlet," which becomes "katsuretsu" when transliterated into. Ordering chicken katsu at a Japanese restaurant guarantees you a few things: juicy chicken enveloped with shatteringly crisp breading, served with a sweet-tangy sauce that keeps you coming. Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs.
Steps to make Chicken Katsu:
- Combine all * ingredients and rub on the chicken breasts. Marinate for 15 minutes (you can leave it all night in the fridge).
- With a fork, beat the egg loosely.
- Combine all # ingredients.
- Put the chicken breasts on the mixture of #. Then immerse into egg. Then into breadcrumbs.
- Fry in low heat, flipping them occasionally until golden brown.
This recipe yields very crispy chicken and served with homemade Katsu Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. Chicken katsu, fried chicken cutlets, are an obsession for chef Roy Choi of Kogi BBQ in Los Angeles. The simple recipe is made with only five ingredients. Chicken katsu is a twist on the classic Japanese dish, which is traditionally made with pork. These crispy, crunchy chicken cutlets are topped with a sweet-salty tonkatsu sauce that's simply irresistible.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chicken katsu recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!