Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Katsu is the crispiest chicken cutlet you can easily make at home! Serve this classic Japanese food with tonkatsu sauce and a side of fresh salad for the best family meal. It also freezes well and makes for a delicious meal prep menu.
Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop) is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop):
- Get 1 pc Whole Chicken Leg (deboned, skinless)
- Get Marinade (mix well in a bowl);
- Get 1 pc Egg (whisked)
- Prepare 3 Tbsp Corn Flour
- Get 1/2 tsp Salt
- Get Coating;
- Get 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ) is a variation on Tonkatsu, which uses chicken instead of pork. The name "Katsu" comes from the English word "cutlet," which becomes "katsuretsu" when transliterated into Japanese. It's typically made with either chicken breasts or thighs coated in panko before being. Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs.
Steps to make Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop):
- Marinate the chicken in egg, salt and cornflour for minimum 30 minutes. When ready, coat the chicken in Panko. You can also double coat by dipping the chicken again in the egg and then coat again in Panko.
- Heat 1 cup of oil for shallow frying. Fry the chicken until golden brown at least 2-3 minutes each side. Tip: don't immediately fry from the fridge, let it thaw and warm up to room temperature first. To check whether the middle is done, pierce the thickest part with a fork and press it to your lips to see if it's warm. Careful though, you may burn your lips.
- Serve with Katsu sauce or Japanese Curry.
This recipe yields very crispy chicken and served with homemade Katsu What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe? This meal is best served with steamed rice. Season the chicken breasts with salt. Make chicken katsu curry from scratch with japancentre.com's katsu curry recipe. A hearty, mildly spicy main meal best served with rice.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!