Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, brad's chicken katsu. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu - Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce.
Brad's chicken katsu is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Brad's chicken katsu is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook brad's chicken katsu using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's chicken katsu:
- Take For the tonkatsu sauce
- Get ketchup
- Take low sodium soy sauce
- Take brown sugar
- Prepare mirin
- Take worchestershire sauce
- Make ready ground ginger
- Make ready ground mustard
- Get minced garlic
- Make ready For the chicken
- Take chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 " strips
- Prepare Prepared tempura batter
Chicken katsu is a twist on the classic Japanese dish, which is traditionally made with pork. These crispy, crunchy chicken cutlets are topped with a sweet-salty tonkatsu sauce that's simply irresistible. Chicken katsu, fried chicken cutlets, are an obsession for chef Roy Choi of Kogi BBQ in Los Angeles. The simple recipe is made with only five ingredients.
Steps to make Brad's chicken katsu:
- Slice chicken and put on a plate. Sprinkle with kosher salt and set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce. Mix well and refrigerate until use.
- Mix tempura batter. If you choose to use a boxed tempura follow recipe on box. Or make your own by mixing 1 cup rice flour w/ 2/3 cup ice water.
- Heat deep fryer to 360 degrees.
- Dip chicken in batter to coat well. Let excess drip off. Hold end of strip in hot oil for a few seconds then slowly lower into oil. This should keep the batter from sticking to the frying basket. Fry about 8 strips at a time. Fry for about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve chicken with the sauce on the side. Enjoy.
These sandwiches combine the shattering panko crispiness of katsu-style cutlets and the fiery heat found in Nashville-style hot chicken with some cooling shredded lettuce to put out the fire. Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. This recipe yields very Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. This recipe is better than Japanese takeout! Find chicken katsu stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food brad's chicken katsu recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!