Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, brad's chicken katsu. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu - Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce.
Brad's chicken katsu is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Brad's chicken katsu is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have brad's chicken katsu using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's chicken katsu:
- Get For the tonkatsu sauce
- Make ready ketchup
- Take low sodium soy sauce
- Prepare brown sugar
- Take mirin
- Prepare worchestershire sauce
- Get ground ginger
- Take ground mustard
- Prepare minced garlic
- Prepare For the chicken
- Make ready chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 " strips
- Prepare Prepared tempura batter
Chicken katsu is a twist on the classic Japanese dish, which is traditionally made with pork. These crispy, crunchy chicken cutlets are topped with a sweet-salty tonkatsu sauce that's simply irresistible. Chicken katsu, fried chicken cutlets, are an obsession for chef Roy Choi of Kogi BBQ in Los Angeles. The simple recipe is made with only five ingredients.
Instructions to make Brad's chicken katsu:
- Slice chicken and put on a plate. Sprinkle with kosher salt and set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce. Mix well and refrigerate until use.
- Mix tempura batter. If you choose to use a boxed tempura follow recipe on box. Or make your own by mixing 1 cup rice flour w/ 2/3 cup ice water.
- Heat deep fryer to 360 degrees.
- Dip chicken in batter to coat well. Let excess drip off. Hold end of strip in hot oil for a few seconds then slowly lower into oil. This should keep the batter from sticking to the frying basket. Fry about 8 strips at a time. Fry for about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve chicken with the sauce on the side. Enjoy.
These sandwiches combine the shattering panko crispiness of katsu-style cutlets and the fiery heat found in Nashville-style hot chicken with some cooling shredded lettuce to put out the fire. Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. This recipe yields very Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. This recipe is better than Japanese takeout! Find chicken katsu stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food brad's chicken katsu recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!