Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, coconut chicken curry. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Coconut Chicken Curry is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Coconut Chicken Curry is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Coconut Curry Chicken and vegetables: This curry has some red pepper in it, but feel free to increase the veggies! You can add some carrot sticks (add along with red pepper) and spinach (stir in at the. Coconut curry chicken has TONS of variations; from South India to Thailand, no two curries are exactly the same.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook coconut chicken curry using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Chicken Curry:
- Take marinade
- Make ready chicken thighs (without skin), boneless
- Get greek yoghurt (I used low fat)
- Get hot chilli powder
- Prepare garam masala
- Take garlic paste
- Make ready ginger paste
- Make ready Method- Poke your chicken thighs with a knife to absorb flavours
- Get Mix the poked chicken with all of the above (yoghurt + spices)
- Get Leave to marinate for at least 1hour (pic below)
- Prepare to cook
- Make ready large onion, finely chopped
- Take garam masala
- Take curry powder
- Take sugar (I used brown sugar)
- Prepare full fat coconut milk (canned)
- Take water
- Take chopped tomatoes (300g)
- Prepare red curry paste
- Make ready red chilli, halved (optional, I like mine with a slight kick!)
- Take garlic paste
- Prepare ginger paste
- Take coriander leaves
Forget take-out, this is about to become your new family favorite. Coconut Chicken Curry. featured in Trinidadian Roti And Fillings. This delicious Coconut Curry Chicken is flavorful and filled with potatoes, carrots and spices. Coconut chicken curry is one of my all time favorite comfort foods, especially this version: Malaysian-ish coconut curry chicken.
Steps to make Coconut Chicken Curry:
- For the marinade, mix the poked chicken with the yoghurt, and all the other marinade ingredients listed above. Leave to marinate for at least 1hour.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil on medium-high heat. Put the chicken pieces in- sear for 3 mins on each side. Do it in 2 batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Remove from pan. Then half each thigh to equal sizes. Set aside
- Use the same oil that you seared the chicken, add chopped onions, 1tsp red chilli paste, 1 tsp garam masala, 2 tsp curry powder, 1 red chilli halved (optional). Mix and sauter until onions browned.
- Then add 1 can/tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste, pinch of salt. Mix all. Then add 300ml Water and stir. Cover pan and let simmer on medium high heat for 10 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Once tomato sauce cooked, add the chicken pieces and stir with cooked sauce. Still on medium heat, cover and let the chicken cook in the sauce for 7 mins.
- Then remove lid from pan and let chicken cook (uncovered) for another 7 mins. Add 2 tsp of sugar. Mix
- Then, add 300ml coconut milk, and mix with chicken sauce. Let cook on medium heat uncovered for 20-25 mins to thicken the sauce.
- Once the sauce has thickened, your chicken is ready! Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with rice 🧡 Bon appetit!!
The saucy, coconutty curry sauce spooned onto rice is so, so good. A crazy addictive Coconut Chicken Curry made with a rich coconut creamy sauce, chicken, potatoes, eggplant and topped with fresh basil and freshly squeezed lime juice! Basil coconut chicken curry made with chicken thighs, jalapeño, coconut milk, basil and ginger. This Coconut Curry Chicken tastes better than your favorite restaurant! Coconut Curry Chicken is made easy by using cooked rotisserie chicken.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food coconut chicken curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!