Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken katsu curry. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This healthier katsu is coated in finely chopped flaked almonds and baked in the oven (rather than fried) until crisp and golden. Chicken Katsu Curry is an absolute favourite - traditionally hailing from Japan, this dish compromises of panko breadcrumb coated chicken in a thick curry sauce and rice. With the likes of Gizzi Erskine sharing their take on the famous Wagamama katsu chicken curry recipe, it's really taken off over the.
Chicken Katsu Curry is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Chicken Katsu Curry is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken katsu curry using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Katsu Curry:
- Get 4 Breaded Chicken
- Make ready 2 Medium Onions
- Make ready 1 Carrot
- Make ready 1 Garlic clove
- Get 1 knob ginger
- Make ready 3 tbs Curry powder
- Prepare 5 tbs flour
- Get 3 vegetable stock cubes 600cc hot water
- Get 2 tbs Tomato ketchup
- Make ready 2 tbs Worcester sauce
- Prepare 1 tbs Soy sauce
- Take 2 tbs Chutney or jam
You can also enjoy Katsu Curry with shrimp or fish (See below). Katsu curry is just a variation of Japanese curry with a chicken cutlet on top. I have used a store-bought block of Japanese curry roux which is commonly used in Japanese households. Make chicken katsu curry from scratch with japancentre.com's katsu curry recipe.
Instructions to make Chicken Katsu Curry:
- Peel and cut onion, carrot and ginger into small chunks.
- Add chopped vegetables,Curry powder and Flour in a large pan then frying in vegetable oil for few mins
- Add chutney to the large pan and fill the pan with 600cc vegetable stock.
- Bring the vegetable stock to boil and add tomato ketchup,worcester sauce and soy sauce simmer for 20 mins.then Stir until curry sauce is thick and smooth.
- Prepare rice while simmering curry sauce.
- Slice cooked breaded Chicken into strips and lay over a bed of rice, then add the curry sauce.
Wagamama Chicken Katsu Curry is a dish you're going to want to learn after having it at their chain. This recipe is special, create your copycat today. There used to be a Wagamama's restaurant in Zurich which we really enjoyed visiting, often to satisfy my cravings for ramen, but mostly because they had a great kids' menu and a. With cooking tips, tricks and foolproof recipes, this fabulous cookbook from Gizzi Erskine will bring a bit of magic to your kitchen. If you always order the katsu curry when you eat out in Japanese restaurants, you'll be surprised to learn how easy it is to make at.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chicken katsu curry recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!