Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, ghosty chicken katsu curry. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Ghosty chicken katsu curry is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Ghosty chicken katsu curry is something that I have loved my entire life.
This healthier katsu is coated in finely chopped flaked almonds and baked in the oven (rather than fried) until crisp and golden. Chicken katsu curry is so simple to make at home. We've balanced this recipe's rich sauce and chicken with a fresh and zingy vegetable salad.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have ghosty chicken katsu curry using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ghosty chicken katsu curry:
- Get 1 onion (chopped in big chunks)
- Prepare 1 big size potato (chopped in big chucks)
- Prepare 2 carrot (chopped in big chucks)
- Take 1/2 butternut squash (chopped in big chucks)
- Get 1 tbsp vegetable cooking oil
- Make ready 1/2 block Japanese curry paste
- Get 1/2 cup water
- Get Chicken tonkatsu
- Take 1 pack chicken fillets
- Make ready 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Prepare 1 egg
- Take 1 cup plain four
- Get 2 cup vegetable oil
- Get Salt and pepper
- Take Japanese rice - check out my recipe of how to make perfect Japanese rice
- Take Small piece of nori sheet and cut out some eyes and mouth shape
- Get Sriracha sauce for ghost tear
Adding chicken cutlet brings the Japanese curry up to the next level. Katsu curries served at restaurants often do not have anything in the sauce. Katsu Curry - Great Pre-made Dish. There used to be a Wagamama's restaurant in Zurich which we really enjoyed visiting, often to satisfy my cravings for ramen, but mostly because they had a great kids' menu and a little play area for the children.
Steps to make Ghosty chicken katsu curry:
- In a medium highheat saucepan, put about 1 tbsp cooking oil in, add onions, potato, butternut squashs and carrots in. Stir well
- Add 4 small blocks of Japanese curry paste in and add some water. Mix all the ingredients together. Put in lid on, turn to low hwat and let it simmer.
- Place flour and breadcrumbs in different plate. Beat the egg in a bowl. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dust chicken with flour, then coated in egg then breadcrumbs.
- Heat up your pan of wok then add vegetable cooking oil until medium high heat. Add chicken in one at the time cook until one side cooked about 6-8 min then turn over and cook for another 5 min. Then take them out and place on kitchen towels to get rid of the oil. Slice them pieces of chicken up.
- Pour some curry sauce in a serving bowl. Form some sushi rice into long tear drop to make a ghosty shape. Decorate with nori sheet to make ghost eyes and mouth. You can add sriracha sauce to make ghost tear too!
With cooking tips, tricks and foolproof recipes, this fabulous cookbook from Gizzi Erskine will bring a bit of magic to your kitchen. What is Chicken Katsu Curry Made of? The ingredients for this katsu curry are easy to find at your local grocery store. However, I have included links in the recipe card to purchase some of the ingredients on Amazon if desired (affiliate links). Chicken thighs - Chicken thighs are so much juicier.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food ghosty chicken katsu curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!