Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken-katsu (chicken cutlet). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken-katsu (Chicken Cutlet) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Chicken-katsu (Chicken Cutlet) is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ) is a delicious alternative to the more traditional Tonkatsu (pork cutlet). Breaded with panko, these Japanese-style cutlets are shatteringly crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside. Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ) is a variation on Tonkatsu, which uses chicken instead of pork.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chicken-katsu (chicken cutlet) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken-katsu (Chicken Cutlet):
- Make ready Chicken Breast Fillets
- Take Salt and Pepper as required
- Get Plain Flour as required
- Prepare Egg
- Prepare Panko Breadcrumbs as required
- Prepare Oil for frying
- Take <Sesame ‘Tonkatsu’ Sauce Ingredients>
- Make ready Tomato Ketchup
- Get Worcestershire (Lea & Perrins)
- Take Soy Sauce
- Prepare Sugar
- Make ready Toasted Sesame Seeds *ground
Can You Bake Chicken Katsu Technically, you can bake, but the end result is not the same as deep-fried. Chicken katsu (Japanese chicken schnitzel or chicken cutlet) is usually served with the sweet and savory tonkatsu sauce, finely shredded cabbage and cucumbers. You can eat it either with steamed rice, ramen or prepared chicken katsu don. It is a comfort food widely popular in Japan.
Steps to make Chicken-katsu (Chicken Cutlet):
- Slice Chicken Breast Fillets in half and make them even thickness by flattening the thick parts using a meat mullet or something.
- Sprinkle some Salt and Pepper over and coat with Flour.
- Then dip in beaten Egg and finally coat with Panko Breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil to 170C and fry until cooked through and golden, place on a rack and drain the oil.
- To make 'Sesame Tonkatsu Sauce', grind Toasted Sesame Seeds until moist, then combine all ingredients and mix well.
- *Note: For the photo, I used regular 'Tonkatsu' sauce.
Juicy chicken or pork cutlets in an incredibly crisp layer of golden-brown bread crumbs, with a sweet-and-savory sauce and a side of crisp shredded Slice katsu into thin strips and serve immediately with shredded cabbage, lemon wedges, white rice, Japanese pickles (if desired), and tonkatsu sauce. Chicken katsu, fried chicken cutlets, are an obsession for chef Roy Choi of Kogi BBQ in Los Angeles. The simple recipe is made with only five ingredients. For Roy Choi, these crispy egg-and-panko-coated chicken cutlets, generally made with pork in Japan, represent something major. A Japanese Style chicken cutlet breaded and fried until crispy.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chicken-katsu (chicken cutlet) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!