Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Katsu is the crispiest chicken cutlet you can easily make at home! Serve this classic Japanese food with tonkatsu sauce and a side of fresh salad for the best family meal. It also freezes well and makes for a delicious meal prep menu.
Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop) is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop) is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop):
- Make ready Whole Chicken Leg (deboned, skinless)
- Get Marinade (mix well in a bowl);
- Prepare Egg (whisked)
- Take Corn Flour
- Make ready Salt
- Prepare Coating;
- Prepare Panko breadcrumbs
Chicken katsu, also known as panko chicken, or tori katsu (torikatsu (鶏カツ)) is a Japanese dish of fried chicken made with panko bread crumbs which is also popular in Australia, Hawaii, London, California, and other areas of the world. Season the chicken breasts with salt. Make chicken katsu curry from scratch with japancentre.com's katsu curry recipe. A hearty, mildly spicy main meal best served with rice.
Instructions to make Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop):
- Marinate the chicken in egg, salt and cornflour for minimum 30 minutes. When ready, coat the chicken in Panko. You can also double coat by dipping the chicken again in the egg and then coat again in Panko.
- Heat 1 cup of oil for shallow frying. Fry the chicken until golden brown at least 2-3 minutes each side. Tip: don't immediately fry from the fridge, let it thaw and warm up to room temperature first. To check whether the middle is done, pierce the thickest part with a fork and press it to your lips to see if it's warm. Careful though, you may burn your lips.
- Serve with Katsu sauce or Japanese Curry.
Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. This recipe yields very crispy chicken and served with homemade Katsu What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe? This meal is best served with steamed rice. For a wholesome Japanese meal and easy weeknight dinner, I. Katsu is a Japanese method of breadcrumbing chicken- this version is served with a rich curry sauce, from BBC Good Food.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!