Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, brad's chicken katsu. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu - Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce.
Brad's chicken katsu is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Brad's chicken katsu is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have brad's chicken katsu using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's chicken katsu:
- Take For the tonkatsu sauce
- Get ketchup
- Prepare low sodium soy sauce
- Get brown sugar
- Prepare mirin
- Get worchestershire sauce
- Get ground ginger
- Take ground mustard
- Get minced garlic
- Take For the chicken
- Prepare chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 " strips
- Make ready Prepared tempura batter
Chicken katsu is a twist on the classic Japanese dish, which is traditionally made with pork. These crispy, crunchy chicken cutlets are topped with a sweet-salty tonkatsu sauce that's simply irresistible. Chicken katsu, fried chicken cutlets, are an obsession for chef Roy Choi of Kogi BBQ in Los Angeles. The simple recipe is made with only five ingredients.
Instructions to make Brad's chicken katsu:
- Slice chicken and put on a plate. Sprinkle with kosher salt and set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce. Mix well and refrigerate until use.
- Mix tempura batter. If you choose to use a boxed tempura follow recipe on box. Or make your own by mixing 1 cup rice flour w/ 2/3 cup ice water.
- Heat deep fryer to 360 degrees.
- Dip chicken in batter to coat well. Let excess drip off. Hold end of strip in hot oil for a few seconds then slowly lower into oil. This should keep the batter from sticking to the frying basket. Fry about 8 strips at a time. Fry for about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve chicken with the sauce on the side. Enjoy.
These sandwiches combine the shattering panko crispiness of katsu-style cutlets and the fiery heat found in Nashville-style hot chicken with some cooling shredded lettuce to put out the fire. Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. This recipe yields very Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. This recipe is better than Japanese takeout! Find chicken katsu stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food brad's chicken katsu recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!