Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, hawaiian-style huli huli chicken. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
"Huli" in Hawaiian Creole English (Hawaiian Pidgin English) means to rotate, turn over, or flip. Fortunately you don't need a rotisserie for the Huli Huli chicken recipe you'll see as you watch this entire video. Sit back and relax as Smoky Ribs BBQ walks you through a great step-by-step on how to.
Hawaiian-Style Huli Huli Chicken is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Hawaiian-Style Huli Huli Chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook hawaiian-style huli huli chicken using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Hawaiian-Style Huli Huli Chicken:
- Make ready 500 grams Chicken thigh meat (or any other cut)
- Make ready Huli Huli Sauce
- Take 2 tbsp Ketchup
- Make ready 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- Make ready 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- Make ready 60 ml Water
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Granulated chicken buillon
- Get 1 tbsp Cooking sake (or white wine)
- Prepare 170 ml Pineapple juice
- Prepare 1/2 clove Garlic (grated)
- Prepare 1/2 a knob Ginger (grated)
- Prepare 1 drop Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce
- Make ready 1 Vegetable oil
Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken is always a hit!! Made with a quick teriyaki style marinade, this chicken comes out sweet and spicy thanks to the combination of brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, and pineapple juice! Recently I had a craving for a sweet and spicy grilled chicken and classic macaroni salad. Huli Huli chicken is a wholesome rendition of a sweet and savory succulence that'll transport you to Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Recipe Notes.
Steps to make Hawaiian-Style Huli Huli Chicken:
- Add the pineapple juice to a saucepan and place over strong heat. Once it starts to boil, simmer the pineapple juice down until it's almost gone for 7-8 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add the other ingredients to the saucepan and mix well. Then, add the pan to a medium heat and simmer the mixture down for about 5 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Cut away any excess fat from the chicken. Then heat a frying pan over low heat and add in the vegetable oil. Cook the chicken on both sides until browned.
- Take the chicken off the heat and cut into bite-sized pieces, or you can leave it as it is.
- In the same frying pan, pour in the sauce from Step 2 and re-heat over medium heat. Once the sauce starts simmering, put the chicken back into the frying pan and quickly cover with the sauce and mix.
- Serve the chicken up on a plate with whatever sides you want and it's done.
The first step in this recipe is making the Huli Huli sauce I like a Hawaiian style, sweet, low sodium style soy sauce for this recipe like I use in my Shoyu. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange chicken skin side up on grill. Grill until well browned not burned, now flip with skin side down, and I love huli-huli chicken, and this is a good one! The smell of this grilling is outstanding.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food hawaiian-style huli huli chicken recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!