Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop). One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop) is something that I have loved my whole life.
Chicken Katsu is the crispiest chicken cutlet you can easily make at home! Serve this classic Japanese food with tonkatsu sauce and a side of fresh salad for the best family meal. It also freezes well and makes for a delicious meal prep menu.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop):
- Make ready 1 pc Whole Chicken Leg (deboned, skinless)
- Make ready Marinade (mix well in a bowl);
- Prepare 1 pc Egg (whisked)
- Take 3 Tbsp Corn Flour
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Salt
- Get Coating;
- Prepare 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Chicken katsu, also known as panko chicken, or tori katsu (torikatsu (鶏カツ)) is a Japanese dish of fried chicken made with panko bread crumbs which is also popular in Australia, Hawaii, London, California, and other areas of the world. Season the chicken breasts with salt. Make chicken katsu curry from scratch with japancentre.com's katsu curry recipe. A hearty, mildly spicy main meal best served with rice.
Instructions to make Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop):
- Marinate the chicken in egg, salt and cornflour for minimum 30 minutes. When ready, coat the chicken in Panko. You can also double coat by dipping the chicken again in the egg and then coat again in Panko.
- Heat 1 cup of oil for shallow frying. Fry the chicken until golden brown at least 2-3 minutes each side. Tip: don't immediately fry from the fridge, let it thaw and warm up to room temperature first. To check whether the middle is done, pierce the thickest part with a fork and press it to your lips to see if it's warm. Careful though, you may burn your lips.
- Serve with Katsu sauce or Japanese Curry.
Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. This recipe yields very crispy chicken and served with homemade Katsu What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe? This meal is best served with steamed rice. For a wholesome Japanese meal and easy weeknight dinner, I. Katsu is a Japanese method of breadcrumbing chicken- this version is served with a rich curry sauce, from BBC Good Food.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!