Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, chicken katsu. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu - Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce.
Chicken Katsu is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Chicken Katsu is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken katsu using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Katsu:
- Take 1 chicken breast, divided into four
- Take 1 garlic, chopped or grated *
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt *
- Take 1/2 tsp garlic powder *
- Take 1 pinch pepper *
- Get 1 egg
- Prepare 2 tbsp cornflour #
- Make ready 1 pinch salt #
- Get 1 pinch garlic powder #
- Prepare 1/2 tsp curry powder#
- Prepare 3 tbsp coarse breadcrumbs
- Take Oil for frying
Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ) is a variation on Tonkatsu, which uses chicken instead of pork. The name "Katsu" comes from the English word "cutlet," which becomes "katsuretsu" when transliterated into. Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. This recipe yields very crispy chicken and served with homemade Katsu Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce.
Instructions to make Chicken Katsu:
- Combine all * ingredients and rub on the chicken breasts. Marinate for 15 minutes (you can leave it all night in the fridge).
- With a fork, beat the egg loosely.
- Combine all # ingredients.
- Put the chicken breasts on the mixture of #. Then immerse into egg. Then into breadcrumbs.
- Fry in low heat, flipping them occasionally until golden brown.
Chicken katsu is a twist on the classic Japanese dish, which is traditionally made with pork. These crispy, crunchy chicken cutlets are topped with a sweet-salty tonkatsu sauce that's simply irresistible. Chicken katsu, fried chicken cutlets, are an obsession for chef Roy Choi of Kogi BBQ in Los Angeles. The simple recipe is made with only five ingredients. Ordering chicken katsu at a Japanese restaurant guarantees you a few things: juicy chicken enveloped with shatteringly crisp breading, served with a sweet-tangy sauce that keeps you coming.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken katsu recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!