Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chicken katsu. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu - Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce.
Chicken Katsu is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Chicken Katsu is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook chicken katsu using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Katsu:
- Make ready 1 chicken breast, divided into four
- Make ready 1 garlic, chopped or grated *
- Get 1/2 tsp salt *
- Make ready 1/2 tsp garlic powder *
- Take 1 pinch pepper *
- Prepare 1 egg
- Prepare 2 tbsp cornflour #
- Take 1 pinch salt #
- Take 1 pinch garlic powder #
- Take 1/2 tsp curry powder#
- Make ready 3 tbsp coarse breadcrumbs
- Make ready Oil for frying
Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ) is a variation on Tonkatsu, which uses chicken instead of pork. The name "Katsu" comes from the English word "cutlet," which becomes "katsuretsu" when transliterated into. Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. This recipe yields very crispy chicken and served with homemade Katsu Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce.
Instructions to make Chicken Katsu:
- Combine all * ingredients and rub on the chicken breasts. Marinate for 15 minutes (you can leave it all night in the fridge).
- With a fork, beat the egg loosely.
- Combine all # ingredients.
- Put the chicken breasts on the mixture of #. Then immerse into egg. Then into breadcrumbs.
- Fry in low heat, flipping them occasionally until golden brown.
Chicken katsu is a twist on the classic Japanese dish, which is traditionally made with pork. These crispy, crunchy chicken cutlets are topped with a sweet-salty tonkatsu sauce that's simply irresistible. Chicken katsu, fried chicken cutlets, are an obsession for chef Roy Choi of Kogi BBQ in Los Angeles. The simple recipe is made with only five ingredients. Ordering chicken katsu at a Japanese restaurant guarantees you a few things: juicy chicken enveloped with shatteringly crisp breading, served with a sweet-tangy sauce that keeps you coming.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food chicken katsu recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!