Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Katsu is the crispiest chicken cutlet you can easily make at home! Serve this classic Japanese food with tonkatsu sauce and a side of fresh salad for the best family meal. It also freezes well and makes for a delicious meal prep menu.
Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop) is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop) is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop):
- Make ready 1 pc Whole Chicken Leg (deboned, skinless)
- Get Marinade (mix well in a bowl);
- Get 1 pc Egg (whisked)
- Take 3 Tbsp Corn Flour
- Take 1/2 tsp Salt
- Take Coating;
- Get 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Chicken Katsu (チキンカツ) is a variation on Tonkatsu, which uses chicken instead of pork. The name "Katsu" comes from the English word "cutlet," which becomes "katsuretsu" when transliterated into Japanese. It's typically made with either chicken breasts or thighs coated in panko before being. Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs.
Steps to make Student Meal: Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Chop):
- Marinate the chicken in egg, salt and cornflour for minimum 30 minutes. When ready, coat the chicken in Panko. You can also double coat by dipping the chicken again in the egg and then coat again in Panko.
- Heat 1 cup of oil for shallow frying. Fry the chicken until golden brown at least 2-3 minutes each side. Tip: don't immediately fry from the fridge, let it thaw and warm up to room temperature first. To check whether the middle is done, pierce the thickest part with a fork and press it to your lips to see if it's warm. Careful though, you may burn your lips.
- Serve with Katsu sauce or Japanese Curry.
This recipe yields very crispy chicken and served with homemade Katsu What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe? This meal is best served with steamed rice. Season the chicken breasts with salt. Make chicken katsu curry from scratch with japancentre.com's katsu curry recipe. A hearty, mildly spicy main meal best served with rice.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food student meal: chicken katsu (japanese chicken chop) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!