Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, non-fried chicken katsu made in the oven. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Non-fried Chicken Katsu Made in the Oven is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Non-fried Chicken Katsu Made in the Oven is something which I have loved my entire life.
Juicy, tender, and crispy baked chicken katsu recipe. Here, chicken breast is coated in toasted panko and baked in the oven until golden brown. This crispy Baked Chicken Katsu recipe is super easy, which makes it possible to make for a weeknight dinner.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have non-fried chicken katsu made in the oven using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Non-fried Chicken Katsu Made in the Oven:
- Make ready Chicken breast
- Prepare ＊Salt and pepper
- Take heaping teaspoon ＊Sugar
- Take ＊Garlic powder
- Make ready Sake
- Take Panko
- Take Vegetable oil
- Make ready Mayonnaise
Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring Dip each piece of chicken into the flour, then egg and then coat in the breadcrumbs. This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu - Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken.
Instructions to make Non-fried Chicken Katsu Made in the Oven:
- Cut off the skin from the chicken and cut them diagonally into 1 cm wide cuts.
- Combine the chicken and the [＊] ingredients in a bag and rub together. Add in the sake and repeat. Let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a preheated frying pan, add in the panko and vegetable oil and stir fry it on low to medium heat. It will look like this at first.
- Keep stirring with a spatula evenly until it turns golden brown. Transfer to a plate and let it cool.
- Add mayonnaise to the chicken. Coat both sides with Step 3 and arrange it like so on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 220℃ for 20-25 minutes. We have a gas stove so I bake for 20 minutes. If you have an electric oven, I think you should bake it for a bit longer.
How we made chicken katsu healthier. • Instead of deep-frying the chicken, we fried it in the minimum amount of oil to brown and crisp, then finished cooking it in the oven, which reduced the fat and saturated fat. • Chicken katsu, also known as panko chicken, or tori katsu (torikatsu (鶏カツ)) is a Japanese dish of fried chicken made with panko bread crumbs which is also popular in Australia, Hawaii, London, California, and other areas of the world. Chicken katsu is widely seen on most Japanese, Korean, and Hawaiian restaurant menus. Deep fried chicken pieces with a side of dipping sauce can fulfill a good meal. If you wish to cook ahead of time, the frying part can be done and then the completed chicken katsu can be stored in the refrigerator. Traditional Chicken Katsu is chicken cutlets coated in panko and then shallow or deep fried in oil.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food non-fried chicken katsu made in the oven recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!