Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, large chicken katsu. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Large Chicken Katsu is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Large Chicken Katsu is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu - Japanese style fried chicken. Place chicken in the hot oil, and. Chicken Katsu is the crispiest chicken cutlet you can easily make at home!
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have large chicken katsu using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Large Chicken Katsu:
- Make ready 5 fillets Chicken thighs
- Make ready 1/2 Cabbage (shredded)
- Take 10 Cherry tomatoes
- Prepare 1 Lemon
- Make ready 2 tbsp White wine
- Take 1 dash Salt and pepper
- Make ready 2 Eggs
- Get 30 ml Milk
- Make ready 1 Panko
- Prepare 1 Cake flour
- Get For the sauce:
- Prepare 200 ml Tonkatsu sauce (Japanese-style Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce)
- Take 2 tbsp Ketchup
- Take 1 tbsp Vinegar
- Take 1 tsp Mustard
- Make ready 1 tbsp White wine
Chicken Katsu - Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. This recipe yields very Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. This recipe is better than Japanese takeout! This healthier katsu is coated in finely chopped flaked almonds and baked in the oven (rather than fried) until crisp and golden.
Steps to make Large Chicken Katsu:
- Slice into the thick part of each fillet and butterfly the meat so that you end up with an even larger piece of meat. Butterflying the meat makes it thinner, so it will cook faster. If you fry it for less time the meat will be more juicy.
- So that the meat doesn't shrink when it's fried, cut away all of the sinews. Season both sides of the meat with salt and pepper, rub it in well, and leave the meat to sit for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes is up, pour 2 tablespoons of white wine over the meat and rub it in well, and leave the meat for another 15 minutes. Make sure that they return to room temperature completely.
- Coat the meat in flour and shake off any excess. Beat the eggs and milk together well and dredge the meat through it. Then apply a coating of panko.
- Pour some oil into a large frying pan and fry the chicken at 170℃. Fry the front of the meat for 1.5 minutes and the back for 1 minute. Then turn up the temperature to 190℃ and fry both sides of the meat for 30 seconds each.
- Drain the katsu well and scoop out any floating pieces of panko out of the oil after each piece of katsu has been fried.
- Cut the freshly-fried katsu into large pieces and serve on plenty of cabbage and cherry tomatoes.
- Pour over the sauce and add a dollop of Japanese mustard to serve.
Ordering chicken katsu at a Japanese restaurant guarantees you a few things: juicy chicken enveloped with shatteringly crisp breading, served with a sweet-tangy sauce that keeps you coming. Chicken katsu is widely seen on most Japanese, Korean, and Hawaiian restaurant menus. Deep fried chicken pieces with a side of dipping sauce can fulfill a good meal. Chicken Katsu is the perfect weeknight dinner. It is super simple to make and tastes amazing!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food large chicken katsu recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!