Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, hawaiian-style huli huli chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Hawaiian-Style Huli Huli Chicken is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Hawaiian-Style Huli Huli Chicken is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
"Huli" in Hawaiian Creole English (Hawaiian Pidgin English) means to rotate, turn over, or flip. Fortunately you don't need a rotisserie for the Huli Huli chicken recipe you'll see as you watch this entire video. Sit back and relax as Smoky Ribs BBQ walks you through a great step-by-step on how to.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have hawaiian-style huli huli chicken using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Hawaiian-Style Huli Huli Chicken:
- Get 500 grams Chicken thigh meat (or any other cut)
- Prepare Huli Huli Sauce
- Make ready 2 tbsp Ketchup
- Make ready 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- Prepare 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- Prepare 60 ml Water
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Granulated chicken buillon
- Take 1 tbsp Cooking sake (or white wine)
- Get 170 ml Pineapple juice
- Prepare 1/2 clove Garlic (grated)
- Make ready 1/2 a knob Ginger (grated)
- Get 1 drop Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce
- Get 1 Vegetable oil
Learn how to make Huli Huli chicken, a Hawaiian luau treat, with this simple and easy recipe that uses your outdoor grill. Huli Huli Chicken is marinated in intensely sweet and savory huli huli sauce and then grilled. In Hawaii, it's often cooked on a rotisserie over an open fire, but it's entirely possible to. Huli Huli literally means "turn turn" in Hawaiian.
Instructions to make Hawaiian-Style Huli Huli Chicken:
- Add the pineapple juice to a saucepan and place over strong heat. Once it starts to boil, simmer the pineapple juice down until it's almost gone for 7-8 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add the other ingredients to the saucepan and mix well. Then, add the pan to a medium heat and simmer the mixture down for about 5 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Cut away any excess fat from the chicken. Then heat a frying pan over low heat and add in the vegetable oil. Cook the chicken on both sides until browned.
- Take the chicken off the heat and cut into bite-sized pieces, or you can leave it as it is.
- In the same frying pan, pour in the sauce from Step 2 and re-heat over medium heat. Once the sauce starts simmering, put the chicken back into the frying pan and quickly cover with the sauce and mix.
- Serve the chicken up on a plate with whatever sides you want and it's done.
While this recipe takes a departure from the rotisserie the chicken would normally be found spinning on, it does start with what seems to be norm of butterflied chicken. The only difference here is the bird was further split into two equal halves for. Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken is always a hit!! Made with a quick teriyaki style marinade, this chicken comes out sweet and spicy thanks to the combination of brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, and pineapple juice! Recently I had a craving for a sweet and spicy grilled chicken and classic macaroni salad.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food hawaiian-style huli huli chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!